Hi there...remember me?
I haven't been around for a while,
because I have stopped scrapping, completely.
And to have a scrapbooking blog and not scrap?
Kind of defeats the purpose of the blog, no?
I probably will close up the blog shortly
(after I make some Blurb books)
Or maybe make it private/invite only.
Still haven't decided yet...
But I was taking a break between baking hundreds of cookies
for Christmas and I thought I would post
a few of my favorite things around my house during the holidays.
1) Cookies! The smell! The taste! The sight!
I know I may complain about baking the hundreds upon hundreds
of cookies for friends and family, but want to know a little secret?
I love doing it ;)
2) The knitted baby booties that hang on our tree that Andy bought for me the Christmas when I was pregnant with our first baby girl:
3)I love this year's early Christmas present from Andy,
my Mom had given me some antique apothecary jars
and now I am starting a collection:
4)I bought this Peanuts Musical Skating Rink a few years ago.
All the characters have magnets on their feet to simulate skating.
And all the while "Christmastime Is Here" plays.
5) The Mantle. I just made my favorite photo of Erin
from last Christmas into a canvas and I love it!
Love the Santa, the pine roping and the silver balls too!:
6) The "HOPE" Ornament. Five years ago, I bought 3 silver-glittered word ornaments from Kohls. "WISH", "JOY" and "HOPE", and each one of my girls posed with a word. Ryan's word was "HOPE". Little did we know just how much that word would signify in her life.
7) Lastly, I love the magic that Christmas brings. To have my family home and healthy for the holidays is all that I could ask for, all that I'll ever need.
I hope the same for you this Christmas!